Finstock is a teacher of Economics and Physical Education at Beacon Hills High School.
He is also the coach of the school’s lacrosse team, the BHHS Cyclones.
He is one of the only characters on the show that was also in the Teen Wolf Movie.
Coach Finstock is eccentric in behavior and appearance. His hair is usually unkempt and his office, glimpsed in The Tell, seems much disorganized.
He seems to care more about the success of students on the field than in the classroom offering good grades for his players in exchange for various tasks.
Coach Finstock is the first to notice Scott’s improvement on the lacrosse field. Promoting him to first line and eventually making him Co-Captain of the team.
He is often used for comic relief such as the parent teacher conference in which he told Sheriff Stilinski that his son’s first name amounted to child abuse.
He also has a running verbal assault on an as yet unseen character named Greenberg often blaming him for the team's failings.
For the championship lacrosse game he gives the same speech heard from Independence Day. During the game as players begin to drop like flies, he's forced to send in Scott even though he's on academic probation. (read more...)
Despite his loud and eccentric behavior, he's shown to be concerned about some of his players. He especially shows his concern for Scott and his grades and hopes it wasn't because of him. (read more...)
- “Greenberg, take a lap. Let’s go. Faster, Greenberg! Let’s go.” — Coach Finstock at Lacrosse practice in Second Chance at First Line
- “Let’s start with a quick summary of last night’s reading. Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading.” — Coach Finstock in Economics Class in Heart Monitor
- “Due to the recent pinkeye epidemic, thank you, Greenberg, the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word ‘probationary’.” — Coach Finstock in the locker room in Lunatic
- “What are you looking at, Greenberg?” — Coach Finstock at the Prom in Formality
- “Bilinski! Shut up!” — Coach Finstock to Stiles in Lunatic
- “I told them I'd sooner cut off my last remaining testicle than cut my best player!” — Coach Finstock to Scott in Formality
- “Do you think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?!” — Coach Finstock to Scott in Second Chance at First Line
- “Well Greenberg sucks and you suck.... slightly less.” — Coach Finstock to Stiles in Battlefield