Within the mythology of MTV's Teen Wolf, Darach is what characters call the unknown killer responsible for several ritualistic murders during the first episodes of Season 3.
The Darach pretended to be Jennifer Blake, an English teacher at Beacon Hills High School.
Her real name is Julia Baccari and she was once the Druid Emissary to Kali's pack.
Deaton claims the word would be applied to one who "went down the wrong path". (read more...)
When Deucalion had the various Alpha's kill their packs, he also had them kill their emissaries. Kali loved Julia, and while she brutally slashed her and left her for dead, she could not bring herself to deliver the killing blow.
Julia survived by making it to a nearby Druid Nemeton (sacred space) which had been given power by the recent death of a virgin (Paige in Visionary). This power reserve allowed her to survive until help arrived.
All the sacrifices she performed in Season 3 were an attempt to gather enough power to defeat the Alpha Pack during the upcoming lunar eclipse.
Stiles, Lydia, Allison and Scott are in her English class. On the first day of school Ms. Blake texts a quote to all her students with phones in class. She explains that it is the closing line to the first book they will be reading in her class (“Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad) and that it will also be the last text any of them receive in her class. She instructs them to turn off their phones. A panicked flock of birds crash through the windows of her classroom. (read more...)
Derek visits her at school. She takes it as some sort of threat to keep quiet about what she saw when Boyd and Cora attacked. She says she won't tell anyone. (read more...)
As she leaves the school, a blood soaked Derek shows up and collapses outside her car. She rushes to his aid. (read more...)
She tends to Derek's wounds when he refuses to go to the hospital. They end up having sex which seems to help him heal. (read more...)
She plans a memorial concert at school for the victims of the serial killer. During the concert, she kidnaps and tries to kill Lydia. In a confrontation with the Sheriff we learn that Ms. Blake is actually the Darach. (read more...)
Jennifer tries to convince Derek that she is not the Darach but Scott uses powdered mistletoe to expose her true face. She gets trapped in the hospital with the entire Alpha Pack out to kill her. She then double crosses Derek and kidnaps Scott's mom. (read more...)
Jennifer takes Chris Argent after he places himself where he knows she'll find him. She claims they are fighting for the same cause and that by killing innocents in order to gain enough power to kill the Alpha Pack, she is making the world safer. (read more...)
Jennifer kills Kali then convinces Derek to join her to fight Deucalion. She restores the blind werewolf's eyesight and is mortally wounded by him. She is killed by Peter Hale as she struggles to reach the Nemeton and her last hope of survival. (read more...)
In each attack seen on screen, victims suffered visual or auditory hallucinations before they were taken.
In the first six cases, the killer employs a Threefold Death ritual, using three different types of fatal blows on each victim -
- Blow to the Head
- Sliced Throat
- Strangulation by Garrote
After the first six, the Darach changed to a crucifixion-like hanging method where the individual is suspended by the hands.
The victims still suffocate but the manner of their death takes longer and they suffer more.
The victims, in groups of three, seem to be chosen due to some common status.
The Darach Sacrifices
- Heather, Stiles' childhood friend - Virgin
- Emily, the girl in the woods - Virgin
- Unnamed Victim at the pool - Virgin
- Kyle, Senior ROTC member - Warrior
- Unnamed Music Teacher - Warrior
- Adrian Harris, Chemistry Teacher - Warrior
- Doctor Hilyard - Healer
- Unnamed ER Attending Physician - Healer
- Unnamed - Healer
- Deputy Tara Grahame - Philosopher (The deputy was a former teacher)
- History Teacher Mr. Westover - Philosopher
- School Orchestra Pianist - Philosopher
Stiles and Lydia suspect the Darach is involved in the bizarre behavior of Boyd, Isaac, Scott and Ethan during an overnight stay during a Cross Country team trip. Lydia sees a cloaked deformed figure shrouded by flame which she believes to be a visage of the Darach. (read more...)
The Darach is seen briefly in Dr. Hilyard's car before she disappears. (read more...)
Scott and Allison say the Darach took a third healer after Deaton was rescued. (read more...)
Jennifer Blake Gallery
- “To be honest, the 'oh my God' would be for your wonderful physique if not for the fact that you're bleeding black blood.” — Jennifer to Derek Hale in Motel California.
- “But you, Lydia, you're not a sacrifice. You're just a girl who knows too much. Actually, a girl who knew too much.” — Jennifer to Lydia before she attempts to kill her in The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
- “You're just like me, Lydia. Look like the innocent flower but be the serpent under it.” — Jennifer to Lydia in The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
- “I want you to do what you do best, Lydia. I want you to scream.” — Jennifer to Lydia in Lunar Ellipse.
- “What's the line coach like to say? The bigger they are...” — Jennifer quoting The Coach in Lunar Ellipse.
- “So, who wants to go first?” — Jennifer asking Kali and Ethan and Aiden who wants to fight first in Lunar Ellipse.
- “In a few minutes, they'll be dead and I won't need a lunar eclipse, even to kill a demon wolf.” — Jennifer in Lunar Ellipse.