Derek Hale is one of the main characters in the first four seasons of MTV's Teen Wolf.
Derek initially served as a mentor to Scott McCall, but the relationship soured after Derek became an Alpha and began making choices Scott found immoral.
Despite this, Derek has remained loyal and continues protecting and fighting alongside Scott against numerous supernatural threats.
The process didn't take and, to end her suffering, Derek killed her. Having taken an innocent life, his eyes changed from yellow to blue.
Sometime later, Derek entered into a relationship with werewolf hunter Kate Argent. She used him to gather information on his family making him an unwitting accomplice to the arson fire at Hale House that killed most of his family.
After his Uncle Peter killed the conspirators involved in the fire, Derek killed him and took the status of Alpha Werewolf.
Kate somehow physically regressed Derek back to the age of 15. While he was eventually restored to his proper outward appearance, he lost all of his werewolf traits and abilities.
Derek apparently died for a little while in Mexico. The whole process - losing his abilities and dying - had been one of evolution. He now has the ability to shift his body fully into wolf form.
Derek searches for the werewolf that killed his sister, Laura Hale, while helping Scott deal with his new status by teaching him to control his new nature and trying to avoid psychotic ex-lover Kate. (Read More...)
The Alpha Pack tries to get Derek to kill his pack to become like them. He finds his sister Cora, long thought dead, and loses two of his Betas and his Alpha status.
Derek is seen, tied up and covered in cobwebs, in what appears to be an Aztec temple in Mexico. After Scott rescues him, Derek appears to be a 15 year-old boy. (Read More...)
Derek, regressed physically and mentally to the age of 15, returns to Beacon Hills. He doesn't remember the fire that killed his family. Kate convinces him to open the Hale Family Vault underneath Beacon Hills High School. (Read More...)
He admits to Braeden that all of his werewolf abilities are gone. She tries to teach him how to use a gun and they end up having sex. (Read More...)
Derek travels to Mexico and tries but fails to help Liam control his shift on the full moon. He is mortally wounded in a fight with a Berserker and apparently dies for a little while. He reemerges with the ability to shift fully into wolf form and manages to seriously wound Kate. (Read More...)
- Derek possessed all of the abilities and weaknesses of a Beta werewolf until Season 4. At the end of Season 4 he develops the ability to shift into full wolf form, and seems to have regained all his werewolf powers.
After killing Peter, and becoming an alpha, Derek began to build a pack and increase his strength in preparation for The Alpha Pack's arrival. Derek did not fare well as an alpha, Erica and Boyd were killed by The Alphas, and Isaac left the pack. After losing everyone, Derek gave up his alpha spark in order to save Cora.
- “If you say one word....” — Derek to Stiles in Wolf's Bane.
- “You want me to teach you, get rid of her.” — Derek to Scott in Heart Monitor.
- “You wanna do homework or do you wanna not die?” — Derek to Scott in The Tell.
- “She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people.” — Derek to Peter Hale in Wolf's Bane.
- “You gotta be kidding me...” — Derek’s reaction to Scott’s howling in Heart Monitor.
- “I’m gonna kill both of you! What the hell was that?! What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?!” — Derek to Scott and Stiles in Heart Monitor.
- “How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I’m gonna cut off your head.” — Derek to Stiles in Magic Bullet.
- “I’m the Alpha now!” — To Scott in Code Breaker.
- “Start the car, or I’m gonna rip your throat out, with my teeth.” — Derek to Stiles in Magic Bullet.
- “Everyone wants power.” — Derek to Scott in Shape Shifted.
- “He’s turning into that? That has wings.” — Derek to Peter in Master Plan.
- “We don't like you. Now shut up and help us.” — Derek to Peter in Chaos Rising.
- “I don't care about power. Not anymore.” — Derek to Peter in Alpha Pact.