He is a Veterinarian at Beacon Hills Animal Clinic where he is Scott McCall's boss. He is the former Druid Emissary to The Hale Family and becomes a mentor to Scott and his friends on all things supernatural.
Deaton refuses to tell Scott how he knows about werewolves until the emergence of Gerard and the Kanima. He shares his knowledge to Scott and is revealed to know of other threats coming to Beacon Hills. (Read More...)
Deaton reveals himself to be a Druid and explains its mythology and the correlation between them and recent sacrifices. He is nearly sacrificed himself and helps reignite the Nemeton in order to stop the Darach.
Deaton examines the blue shard of glass from the sheriff's impound lot as Scott tells him that pieces of his memory are missing. Deaton suggest that Scott's subconscious is trying to tell him what's missing. The easiest way to figure this out would be to sleep. (Read More...)
- “I’m sure you’re well aware of what your abilities can do for you. Improve strength, speed, healing; ever wonder what it could do for others?” — Dr. Deaton to Isaac in Battlefield
- “If a druid went down the wrong path, the wise oak was sometimes said to have become a dark oak. There's a Gaelic word for that as well, Darach.” — Dr. Deaton to Stiles and Lydia in Unleashed
- “It's rare, it's something that doesn't happen within 100 years, but every once in a while, a beta can become an Alpha without having to steal or take that power. They call it a true Alpha. It's one who rises purely on the strength of the character, by virtue, by sheer force of will.” — Dr. Deaton to Scott in Currents
- “Someone is trying to make supernatural creatures with non-supernatural means. And whoever they are, they're somehow managing to between science and the supernatural.” — Dr. Deaton to Scott and Kira in Condition Terminal
- “I've lived in the world of the supernatural a long time... But I'm still a doctor. Still a man of science. Something like this happens, it rattles the foundation of everything you believe. Something like this shakes you to the core.” — Dr. Deaton to Scott and Kira in Condition Terminal
- “The rules... the rules have changed.” — Dr. Deaton to Scott and Kira in Condition Terminal