Deputy Parrish is played by Ryan Kelley.
He was part of the military and trained with a "Hazardous Device Team," meaning he dealt with bombs and explosive materials. While disarming an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan, Parrish was caught in the explosion which should have killed him. However, Parrish walked away unharmed but with burnt clothes.
Eventually, Parrish moved to Beacon Hills because he felt “drawn here" and, due to high mortality rates among law enforcement, several jobs were open. The young deputy found himself caught in the mitst of a Nogitsune's twisted game, a Dead Pool, and a Werejaguar's revenge scheme.
These events had him grow closer to Sheriff Stilinski in his short time on the force. The sheriff now trusts him and seeks his help with all aspects of the supernatural.
Parrish survived an explosion by becoming a vessel for a Hellhound. In A Credible Threat, the entity claims he was born the day the Nemeton was reignited by Scott McCall, Allison Argent and Stiles Stilinski.
Parrish was originally unaware of this fact as the Hellhound could take control of Parrish's body in order to carry out its mission. Once he became aware of his dual nature, Parrish gave into his supernatural alter ego and allowed it free reign in order to help defeat a resurrected Beast of Gevaudan.
Parrish is listed on the Dead Pool for being worth $5 million. He is revealed to be an unknown creature who's immune to fire, has enhanced strength and orange eyes. (Read More...)
After discovering his a Hellhound, Parrish questions whether or not he's a good guy. (Read More...)
Parrish is approached by Corey and Mason who are under the impression that someone is missing but Parrish disagrees. Mason wonders if his Hellhound intuition is telling him that something may be off with the supernatural. (Read More...)
Mason believes Parrish could be the key to stopping the Ghost Riders. He goes into Hellhound mode, eyes glowing orange as the flames consume his body. The Rider fires a shot at him as he approaches, the flames around him turn green as they burn out. (Read More...)
Parrish agrees to help the pack communicate a Ghosr Rider. Plans change as the Rider somehow forces Parrish to shift into hellhound. Attempting to break the Mountain ash barrier as he does so. (Read More...)
Parrish is brought back to his senses and reveals that while the train cannot be stopped, it can be diverted. Later, he is back at the station with Stilinski and everyone else. (Read More...)
- “This things a few watts from being a light saber.” — Parrish to Sheriff Stilinski in The Fox and the Wolf
- “Maybe I needed a change. I don't really know. I guess I kind of felt drawn here. And I knew there were openings.” — Parrish to Sheriff Stilinksi in Insatiable
- “You know what you need? Adrenaline. There's two ways to get it, fear and anger. Since you don't look like a guy who's afraid of anything, you need to get angry, you need to get so angry that your brain lets loose every bit of adrenaline it has left.” — Parrish to Chris Argent in A Promise to the Dead
- “Six months. Six months of directing traffic, doing court house security, serving subpoenas, and today, I finished a total organization of overhaul of evidence lockup. Now, I'm stuck behind the front desk, while there's down power lines, a jackknife tractor trailer and reports of gunshots downtown. I don't know what I did to lose your trust, but you need every available deputy out there.” — Parrish to Sheriff Stilinski in Creatures of the Night
- “I'm a very good deputy, and I'd like to stay that way, flipping over jeeps and attacking colleagues doesn't exactly fit with protect and serve, I'm covering up the bodies of murdered teenagers.” — Parrish to Lydia in Lies of Omission
- “Hellhound? And what if you were wrong, would you have burned my eye out?” — Parrish to Chris and Gerard in Damnatio Memoriae
- “Its not safe to bring me along, I'm dangerous” — Parrish to Stiles in Amplification
- “It happens every night, I don't know when and I don't know what triggers it but at some point every night, I leave. When I come back, I find burned clothes and blood. If I didn't know certain things, I'd call it sleep walking, but I'm not just wandering out the door, I'm heading out with purpose, I'm searching for something, that's why I need you to follow me. I need to know where I'm going and what I'm doing. If people are getting hurt because of me, if I'm adding to the body count, I have to know. When I wake up at night, when it takes over, I want you to follow me, if you have to, I want you to stop me.” — Parrish to Chris in A Credible Threat
- “My dreams aren't like your's, Lydia. I'm not just a harbinger of death, I'm the cause of it.” — Parrish to Lydia in Maid of Gevaudan (Episode)
- “How much fire power do you want?” — Parrish to Chris and Gerard in The Beast of Beacon Hills