Kira Yukimura is a new character in Season 3 of MTV’s Teen Wolf.
The character is portrayed by Arden Cho.
Kira is a student and the daughter of Beacon Hills High School's new History teacher.
She was unaware of her true nature until her supernatural abilities were forced to manifest by an attack.
Derek says she is a "young" Kitsune and unable to mask her nature from the enhanced werewolf vision and flash photography.
Her mother describes her as a "Thunder" Kitsune.
Kira's mom, Noshiko, is Japanese while her father is Korean. Her mother's family has a connection to Beacon Hills going back generations.
Her father claims Kira hasn't made any friends during her first three weeks in school but she is not shy and boldly inserts herself into a private conversation with Scott and his friends. Kira and Scott are beginning a romantic relationship.
Kira seemed to exhibit a supernatural ability by absorbing dozens of megawatts (estimate) of electricity into her hands. Flash photography and Scott's enhanced werewolf vision reveal the glowing outline of a fox surrounding Kira's entire body.
Kira's father embarrasses her with a very public introduction in History class. In the hallway, she seems to sense that Scott can hear her conversation with her father despite being very far away. Later, she overhears the conversation about the hallucinations and other side effects Scott and his friends are suffering and offers a possible explanation for their troubles. (Read More...)
Kira does research on Bardo for Scott and she forgets her papers at home. Her father walks over and hands her the papers claiming that she forgot the papers for the boy she likes, referring to Scott, which embarrasses Kira. Later, she is almost attacked by the Werecoyote but is saved by Scott. (Read more...)
Kira confesses to her father, with Scott listening in, that she is not ready to date or have a boyfriend. Her father invites Scott to dinner and he and Kira bond over chopsticks and sushi - pizza and Pepsi. Kira is kidnapped by William Barrow and escapes by absorbing electricity through an as yet unknown ability. (Read More...)
Kira is desperate to get rid of pictures of herself that are on her phone but the device is in the evidence lockup at the Sheriff's Station. She allows Scott to photograph her revealing what appear to be glowing flames surrounding her body. With the help of Stiles they break in and erase the pictures from her phone. Later, Scott uses his werewolf enhanced vision and sees the outline of a glowing fox surrounding Kira's entire body. (Read More...)
Kira asks Scott to show her his werewolf side which he does. Later, she goes to Scott's house and confesses that she is Kitsune showing him a children's story book about the creature. She is tagged by the Oni, proving that she is not a Nogitsune or dark kitsune. (Read More...)
Kira uses foxfire to defuse a downed power line. She witnesses her mother breaking on of her "tails" and helps Scott fight the Oni. (Read More...)
Learning that her mother is actually a 900 year old Kitsune, Kira must decide if she trusts her family. She uses foxfire to repair her mother's sword. (Read More...)
Kira and Allison take on the twins and Isaac who are all possessed by the flies of the Nogitsune. (Read More...)
After learning about the game of GO, Kira realizes that another enemy she has to face is her mother who still believes the only way to save Stiles is to kill him. She battles the Oni with Isaac and Allison after their allegiance switched to the Nogitsune. (read more...)
She joins Scott, Stiles, and Lydia to battle the Nogitsune at the school. (read more...)
Kira goes with Scott and the gang to Mexico, to find Derek. (read more...)
Kira discovers her parents want to move back to New York. She and Scott resume their romance. (read more...)
She joins Scott, Stiles, and Liam in the first lacrosse game of the season and after failing a play to pass the ball, Coach benches her for the rest of the game. (read more...)
She becomes infected but unlike the wolves, the weaponized distemper hits her on a neurological level. She releases foxfire accidentally while the CDC is trying to get a blood sample and later loses her eyesight briefly. (read more...)
She "kills" Scott using her foxfire. She and Liam then face off with a Beserker on the hospital roof. (read more...)
Teen Wolf Executive Producer Jeff Davis announced during a panel at San Diego Comic Con 2013 that Season 3(b) would focus on Japanese folklore.
- "We're heading into a new mythology based on the Kitsune myth, which some people might know a little bit about," he shared. "It is a very, very fascinating Japanese shapeshifter myth about the were-fox and the trickster spirit."
Arden Cho was cast in the part of Kira in August 2013 and began filming immediately.
- “I can set myself on fire and be noticed.” — Kira to her father about being noticed in Anchors.
- “Hi, I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again.” — Kira to Scott in More Bad Than Good.
- “That was awesome! I mean terrifying, completely terrifying, but kind of awesome. I've never done anything like that before, have you?” — Kira to Scott and Stiles about breaking and entering a police station in Illuminated.
- “Okay, I might have slightly Mommed you.” — Kira to Scott when getting paint off his face in Illuminated.
- “I just found out you're 900 years old. I don't think I'm ever going to trust you again.” — Kira to her mother when asked by her mom if she trusts her in The Fox and the Wolf.
- “But I don't know how much space or how much time I'm supposed to give them. I know I'm still just the new girl at school.” — Kira to Lydia about being the "new girl" at school in The Divine Move.