Kira Yukimura first appeared during the second half of Season 3 of MTV’s Teen Wolf.
The character is portrayed by Arden Cho.
Kira is a student and the daughter of Beacon Hills High School's new History teacher.
She was unaware of her true nature until her supernatural abilities were forced to manifest during an attack by mass murderer William Barrow.
Derek says she is a "young" Kitsune and unable to mask her nature from the enhanced werewolf vision and flash photography.
Her mother describes her as a "Thunder" Kitsune.
Kira's mom, Noshiko, is Japanese while her father is Korean. Her mother's family has a connection to Beacon Hills going back generations.
Her father, Ken, claims Kira hasn't made any friends during her first three weeks in school but she is not shy and boldly inserts herself into a private conversation with Scott and his friends. Kira and Scott quickly start a romantic relationship.
Kira first manifest a supernatural ability by absorbing dozens of megawatts (estimate) of electricity into her hands. Flash photography and Scott's enhanced werewolf vision reveal the glowing outline of a fox surrounding Kira's entire body.
She also found that having a sword in her hand gives her balance and agility she lacks in her everyday life.
Her fox spirit starts to fight for control after the Dread Doctors increase her power.
Teen Wolf Executive Producer Jeff Davis announced during a panel at San Diego Comic Con 2013 that Season 3(b) would focus on Japanese folklore.
- "We're heading into a new mythology based on the Kitsune myth, which some people might know a little bit about," he shared. "It is a very, very fascinating Japanese shapeshifter myth about the were-fox and the trickster spirit."
Arden Cho was cast in the part of Kira in August 2013 and began filming immediately.
- “I can set myself on fire and be noticed.” — Kira to her father about being noticed in Anchors.
- “Hi, I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again.” — Kira to Scott in More Bad Than Good.
- “That was awesome! I mean terrifying, completely terrifying, but kind of awesome. I've never done anything like that before, have you?” — Kira to Scott and Stiles about breaking and entering a police station in Illuminated.
- “Okay, I might have slightly Mommed you.” — Kira to Scott when getting paint off his face in Illuminated.
- “I just found out you're 900 years old. I don't think I'm ever going to trust you again.” — Kira to her mother when asked by her mom if she trusts her in The Fox and the Wolf.
- “But I don't know how much space or how much time I'm supposed to give them. I know I'm still just the new girl at school.” — Kira to Lydia about being the "new girl" at school in The Divine Move.