Lydia Martin, is a smart, popular, and beautiful student at Beacon Hills High School on the MTV series Teen Wolf.
She is also a Banshee.
Lydia is portrayed by Holland Roden.
She was, on the surface at least, shallow and spoiled but this turned out to be an elaborate act to hide the fact that she possesses a genius level IQ. She is well versed in chemistry and understands both classical and archaic Latin.
The ruse, along with her relationship with Jackson Whittemore, was part of a carefully orchestrated plan to maintain her popularity at Beacon Hills High.
Lydia was manipulative with her friends, using them whenever it suited her ambitions.
As the supernatural elements began to close in though, her carefully crafted facade began to fall apart. After being attacked at the winter formal, she found herself haunted by her attacker. She was later able to show her true love for Jackson and it was that love which saved his life.
Jackson's abrupt move to London, England seemed to leave Lydia emotionally numb. She returned to her "just on the surface" existence and took a number of lovers over the summer, expressing a "love them and leave them" philosophy.
When supernatural threats arose again, Lydia found herself drawn to gruesome murder scenes again and again. She learned she was a Banshee and decided to use her abilities for the greater good... if she can figure out how to actually use her abilities.
She fell in love again too. While she had entered into a purely physical relationship with Aiden to aid her friends in defeating the The Alpha Pack, she developed deeper feelings. She once again suffered genuine heartbreak when Aiden was killed.
Although her feelings may not be as strong for Stiles, they have developed a strong and caring friendship.
Lydia's Age Edit
Lydia is one of the few characters for which we have an firmly established age.
Most recently, Natalie Martin alluded to Lydia's upcoming 18th birthday as "a few weeks" away.
Lydia starts having sex with a werewolf, finds out she is a Banshee and keeps finding herself at murder scenes.
Lydia is worried about her families financial situation. She ends up hosting a party at her grandmother's lake house when uninvited guests show up during the full moon. Lydia discovers a soundproof room that allows her to better hear the Banshee voices. (read more...)
Lydia goes to Eichen House to see Meredith. Stiles helps her find the next key. (read more...)
Lydia finds a picture of Meredith taken in the white room at the lake house. (read more...)
Lydia discovers an urn, supposedly containing the remains of her paternal grandmother, is filled with Mountain Ash. She suspects her grandmother is still alive after finding the last thing she wrote was Benefactor code. (read more...)
Lydia shows up at Derek's loft in the rain and lets loose a Banshee scream. She finds Deaton in Eichen House and revives him. (read more...)
Lydia is a Banshee. Peter Hale claims it was his attack on Lydia in Formality that was the spark that activated her innate abilities.
She can sense when someone is dying by tuning into a supernatural frequency that only she can hear.
Main Article - Banshee
- “Jackson is gonna perform tomorrow, but he’s not gonna be at his peak and I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance.” — Lydia to Scott in Second Chance at First Line.
- “What the hell is a Stiles?” — Lydia to her mother when he comes to see her in The Tell.
- “Nobody likes a loser.” — Lydia to Scott in Second Chance at First Line.
- “Never frown, because some one could be falling in love with your smile.” — Lydia to Allison in Formality.
- “A lot can happen in one night. ” — Lydia to Allison in Motel California.
- “Sweetheart, my last boyfriend was a homicidal lizard, so I think I can handle a werewolf.” — Lydia to Cora in Currents.
- “I'm something!” — Lydia to Jennifer Blake in The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
- “A genius, yes. A psychic, no.” — Lydia to Cora in Currents.
- “The other night, I helped save someone's life and that felt really good, but when I look at you, all I can think is how you helped kill Boyd. You're not just a bad boy, Aiden, you're a bad guy, and I don't want to be with the bad guys."” — Lydia to Aiden in Illuminated
- “I don't believe that. Not all monsters do monstrous things.” — Lydia to Meredith in Monstrous.