His return from the dead was a major highlight of Season 2.
Peter Hale was born into a family of werewolves and has always resented that his sister, Talia Hale, reached Alpha status in the pack, believing that place rightfully belonged to him.
When arsonists attacked Hale House, Peter survived while most of the family died. He was badly burned and went into a self-induced coma to heal. While he was out, Peter’s mind raced with thoughts of revenge. He blamed Talia for making the family weak and plotted to kill all the supernaturals in Beacon Hills and remake the town in his own image. Meredith Walker overheard his thoughts and would later enact this plan.
Six years after the fire, Peter seemed to have forgotten his plans for a new Beacon Hills. Instead, he sought revenge on the arsonists who had burned down Hale House. While seemingly still in a non-responsive state and with the aid of his nurse, Peter managed to kill his niece, Laura Hale, and take her Alpha status for himself.
He began building a pack by biting Scott McCall. It was this act that eventually led to the exposure of his revenge plan and Peter’s “death” at the hands of his nephew Derek.
Another bite would be his salvation.
Knowing that Lydia Martin would be “immune” to the werewolf bite, Peter attacked and bit her. Through the bite, he implanted his memories into her just prior to the final showdown with Scott and Derek. Once Lydia recovered from the bite, the memories took the form of hallucinations that instructed her on the means to bring Peter back from the dead.
The plan had to be completed by the second full moon after his death. She found Peter’s body buried under Hale House surrounded by wolfsbane. She then used wolfsbane hidden in drinks to drug Scott and anyone else who might interfere. She collected Derek, now an Alpha, by knocking him out with wolfsbane powder and dragging him to Peter’s body. The full power of the full moon and Derek’s Alpha spark allowed Peter to heal fully.
Peter claimed the return to life left him weak and he stayed near his nephew for months subtly manipulating him. Peter stayed out of a conflict with a pack of Alphas until the very end when he killed a rogue druid and declared himself “The Alpha.”
Peter further insinuated himself into Scott’s group of friends by aiding in the rescue of Stiles Stilinski from possession by a Nogitsune and in the process learned that he has a daughter. He believes Talia took the memory of the baby and her mother from his mind.
He is still bitter about Scott's rise to True Alpha status and wants to regain the status and power his family once enjoyed. He feels that the fire and Scott robbed him of his birthright.
Later, he is taken by the Ghost Riders and was missing for three months. He and Stiles find each other and reluctantly helped each other to find a way out.
Peter manages to come back from the dead by manipulating Lydia Martin. (Read More...)
Peter keeps to the shadows as his nephew faces The Alpha Pack.
After escaping the Wild Hunt, Peter is left badly injured in the woods. His roar can be heard throughout Beacon Hills. It's not long before Malia and Scott find him. Hoping to make it easier on Peter, they take away some of his pain. (Read More...)
Peter wants Malia to leave town with him. She refuses to do so without Stiles, he says her loyalty is overrated. Then telling Malia to run as he'll hold off the approaching Ghost Riders. (Read More...)
Peter arrives at the bunker just in time to stop the Ghost Riders from killing Malia and Scott. He holds the Riders off long enough for them to get away, but he is shot and erased in the process. (Read More...)
He is snapped out his blank state by Malia and he helps her and eventually Scott fend off the Ghost Riders. (Read More...)
Despite his initially refusal to join Scott in the fight against Gerard and the hunters, Peter agrees to help after both of his valuable cars are destroyed during an attack instigated by the hunters. (Read More...)
He and Lydia search for Scott and Malia only to get set upon by Hunters after finding them. (Read More...)
- “First of all, I'm not a "total psycho " and, by the way, you're the one who slashed my throat wide open but we're all works in progress. Right?” — Peter to Derek in Battlefield
- “Do you know why she was looking for you? I know why. Turn around Adrian. Turn around and I'll show you. Turn around!” — Peter to Adrian in Wolf's Bane.
- “Look at me! Look at what you've done!” — Peter to Adrian in Wolf's Bane.
- “You've already..decided...I can smell it all over you!” — Peter to Derek before he died in Code Breaker.
- “I’m out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly there’s lizard people, geriatric psychopaths and you’re cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteem deprived adolescent in town.” — Peter to Derek in Battlefield
- “Boys, FYI, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired but, the hearing still works.” — Peter to Derek and Isaac in Chaos Rising
- “Alright, boys, let's rumble.” — Peter to Ethan and Aiden in The Overlooked.
- “That's not nice. She's my nurse.” — Peter to Derek in Wolf's Bane.
- “Not as young as we could've been but not as old as you might think.” — Peter to Stiles in Visionary.
- “What about the power to fight back?” — Peter after Derek says he doesn't care about power anymore in Alpha Pact.
- “Its that spark of power that makes you an alpha. When you take her pain, she draws on the power that provides you with those special gifts, the power that heightens your senses, the strength, the power that transforms your body. As an alpha, you have that bit of extra... that spark. That intensifies the color of your eyes from a bright yellow into a searing red.” — Peter to Derek in Alpha Pact
- “I'm a creature of habit.” — Peter to Derek and Sheriff Stilinski in The Benefactor
- “You were my beta first Scott. It was my bite that changed your life and my bite that can end it.” — Peter to Scott in Smoke & Mirrors
- “I am the Alpha. I've always been the Alpha!” — Peter to Jennifer after he kills her in Lunar Ellipse
- “What, did you think you were gonna drive us out of here? Is that what you thought? Do you get it? We don't exist. And we are already forgotten.” — Peter to Stiles in Radio Silence