His return from the dead was a major highlight of Season 2.
Peter Hale was born a werewolf and was with his extended family when the Hale House was attacked by arsonists.
He was one of the two known survivors of the fire, the other being Cora Hale. He was left comatose and badly scarred in a long term care facility in Beacon Hills.
His werewolf nature allowed him to heal completely, albeit slowly, over the intervening years. He then tricked his niece, Laura Hale, into returning to town and killed her so that he could become an Alpha werewolf and seek revenge on those who he blamed for the fire that killed his family.
His single minded efforts to kill the guilty led to his death at the hands of his nephew, Derek Hale
Very intelligent and calculating, Peter had a backup plan. Just before his death he bit Lydia Martin and transferred memories to her which allowed her to fully revive his corpse.
It is later revealed that, after the fire, Peter had been hospitalized next to an unconscious Meredith Walker. Though he was comatose, she was somehow able to pick up his fevered thoughts of revenge on the entire supernatural population. This became her inspiration and a road map for The Benefactor plan.
Peter manages to come back from the dead by manipulating Lydia Martin. (read more...)
Peter keeps to the shadows as his nephew faces The Alpha Pack.
Scott and Malia go to him for answers as to why Derek is suddenly a teenager. Later he is present in his family's vault when a mysterious figure steals $117 million in bearer bonds. (read more...)
Peter doesn't want to - but agrees to pay Braeden to find Kate in hopes that Kate can lead them to the person that robbed their vault. (read more...)
He tries to convince Malia that he's not a bad guy, promising to help track down her mother. He is very relieved to learn that Scott is not dead. (read more...)
Peter confronts Meredith and we learn that, while comatose after the the fire, Peter was hospitalized in the same room with Meredith and apparently, subconsciously, gave her the entire Benefactor plan. (read more...)
- “First of all, I'm not a "total psycho " and, by the way, you're the one who slashed my throat wide open but we're all works in progress. Right?” — Peter to Derek in Battlefield
- “Do you know why she was looking for you? I know why. Turn around Adrian. Turn around and I'll show you. Turn around!” — Peter to Adrian in Wolf's Bane.
- “Look at me! Look at what you've done!” — Peter to Adrian in Wolf's Bane.
- “You've already..decided...I can smell it all over you!” — Peter to Derek before he died in Code Breaker.
- “I’m out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly there’s lizard people, geriatric psychopaths and you’re cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteem deprived adolescent in town.” — Peter to Derek in Battlefield
- “Boys, FYI, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired but, the hearing still works.” — Peter to Derek and Isaac in Chaos Rising
- “Alright, boys, let's rumble.” — Peter to Ethan and Aiden in The Overlooked.
- “That's not nice. She's my nurse.” — Peter to Derek in Wolf's Bane.
- “Not as young as we could've been but not as old as you might think.” — Peter to Stiles in Visionary.
- “What about the power to fight back?” — Peter after Derek says he doesn't care about power anymore in Alpha Pact.
- “I'm a creature of habit.” — Peter to Derek and Sheriff Stilinski in The Benefactor