The title is a reference to Mary Howitt’s poem The Spider and the Fly. First published in 1829, the work stands as a warning to avoid the seductive allure of flattery and charm.
- Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, “Dear friend what can I do,
- To prove the warm affection I 've always felt for you?
- I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
- I'm sure you're very welcome — will you please to take a slice?”
- “Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “kind Sir, that cannot be,
- I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!”
The Full Recap will be posted AFTER the show has broadcast throughout all mainland US time zones.