Teen Wolf Season 4 filmed in Los Angeles, California.
The first of 12 episodes began filming on February 19th at the Blue Cloud Movie Ranch.
Principal photography wrapped on July 1, 2014.
Episode 401, The Dark Moon debuted on MTV on June 23, 2014.
According to the Nielsen Company, the initial airing was viewed by 2.184 million people.
Season 4 was the least watched Teen Wolf Season with an average episode drawing just 1.61 million viewers.
Details of the plot were released during MTV's Upfront presentation on April 24, 2014 when a brief synopsis of the season was released to reporters and potential sponsors.
- Still healing from tragic losses, Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira return to a new semester of school with more human worries than supernatural, while also trying to help their new friend, Malia, integrate back into society. But Kate Argent’s surprising resurrection brings a new threat to Beacon Hills along with the emergence of another mysterious enemy known simply as The Benefactor.
|#401||The Dark Moon||Jeff Davis||Russell Mulcahy||June 23, 2014|
|Scott searches for a missing friend in Mexico in the Season 4 premiere.|
|#402||117||Eoghan O'Donnell||Christian Taylor||June 30, 2014|
|Scott turns to an unlikely ally in order to stop Kate.|
|#403||Muted||Alyssa Clark||Tim Andrew||July 07, 2014|
|Scott's position on the lacrosse team is threatened. Meanwhile, Stilinski investigates a murder.|
|#404||The Benefactor (Teen Wolf Episode)||Jeff Davis/Ian Stokes||Russell Mulcahy||July 14, 2014|
|On the night of the full moon, uninvited guests turn up at Lydia's lake house; Derek pursues a killer.|
|#405||I. E. D.||Angela L. Harvey||Jennifer Lynch||July 21, 2014|
|Lydia seeks help with her powers; Scott, Stiles and Kira play in their first lacrosse game.|
|#406||Orphaned||Jeff Davis||Russell Mulcahy||July 28, 2014|
|Scott is forced into helping a dangerous enemy; Derek and Malia track an old ally.|
|#407||Weaponized||Alyssa Clark||Tim Andrew||August 4, 2014|
|The school is overtaken by a mysterious outbreak.|
|#408||Time of Death||Angela L. Harvey||Jann Turner||August 11, 2014|
|Scott carries out a dangerous plan. Meanwhile, Malia confronts her past.|
|#409||Perishable||Eric Wallace||Jennifer Lynch||August 18, 2014|
|An assassin targets Scott and Liam at the lacrosse team's annual bonfire. Lydia uncovers a family secret. The Benefactor's identity is revealed.|
|#410||Monstrous||Jeff Davis/Ian Stokes||J. D. Taylor||August 24, 2014 (Sunday 7PM)|
|Scott and Kira protect the remnants of Satomi's pack while Malia and Stiles team up to uncover the origins of the Dead Pool.|
|#411||A Promise to the Dead||Jeff Davis/Ian Stokes||Tim Andrew||September 1, 2014|
|Scott battles an old enemy.|
|#412||Smoke & Mirrors||Jeff Davis||Russell Mulcahy||September 8, 2014|
|Stiles, Malia and Derek return to La Iglesia to save Scott from Kate.|
- Tyler Posey as Scott McCall
- Dylan O'Brien as Stiles Stilinski
- Tyler Hoechlin as Derek Hale
- Holland Roden as Lydia Martin
- Arden Cho as Kira Yukimura
- Shelley Hennig as Malia Tate
- Linden Ashby as Sheriff Stilinski
- Melissa Ponzio as Melissa McCall
- JR Bourne as Chris Argent
- Ian Bohen as Peter Hale
- Seth Gilliam as Dr. Deaton
- Orny Adams as Bobby Finstock
- Susan Walters as Natalie Martin
- Jill Wagner as Kate Argent
- Meagan Tandy as Braeden
- Matthew Del Negro as Agent McCall
- Ryan Kelley as Jordan Parrish
- Tom T. Choi as Ken Yukimura
- Tamlyn Tomita as Noshiko Yukimura
- Maya Eshet as Meredith Walker
- Ivonne Coll as Araya Calavera
- Ian Nelson as Young Derek Hale
- Michael Fjordbak as Young Peter Hale
- Ivo Nandi as Severo
- Aaron Hendry as Brunski
- Lily Mariye as Satomi Ito
New This Season
- Dylan Sprayberry as Liam Dunbar
- Khylin Rhambo as Mason Hewitt
- Mason Dye as Garrett
- Samantha Logan as Violet
- Joseph Gatt as The Mute
- Todd Williams as Doctor Geyer
- Cody Saintgnue as Brett Talbot
- Lou Ferrigno, Jr. as Deputy Haigh
- Steven Brand as Dr. Valack
- John Posey as Conrad Fenris
- Brandon Boyce as Unnamed Doctor
- Glenn McCuen as Sean Walcott
- Claire Bryétt Andrew as Sydney
- James Urbaniak as Simon The Chemist
- Lily Bleu Andrew as Lori
- Brent King as DeMarco Montana
- Ana Mulvoy-Ten as Carrie Hudson
New Main Titles
MTV released a new opening credit sequence on June 16.
Allison Argent has been removed. Scott's portion has been changed slightly. The segment featuring Stiles is changed and extended. Kira and Malia were added to the opening credits.
After completing a marathon 24 episodes over 12 months, Teen Wolf Creator Jeff Davis requested that MTV cut the show back to a 12 episode 4th Season.
The crew began filming episode 401 on February 17, 2014 and principal photography wrapped on July 2, 2014.
Episode 401 filmed at the Blue Cloud Movie Ranch in Santa Clarita, CA which often doubles as a middle eastern or Spanish influenced town.
The interiors are once again shot on a sound stage at the Teen Wolf Studio in Northridge, California and Palisades Charter High School is again used for Beacon Hills High School.
Lacrosse returns as the school sport in Season 4. Two games were filmed - the first during the week of March 24 and the second during the week of April 7. The Beacon Hills High Lacrosse field is at Woodley Park in Los Angeles.
Updates from the Season 4 set are published on our Teen Wolf Behind the Scenes Page.
Promotion and Marketing
The first "teaser trailer" for Season 4 was filmed on April 6, 2014 at Siren Studio on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.
It was released on Youtube via tumblr and twitter on May 19, 2014.
Teen Wolf Wikia News produced a "Behind the Scenes" look at the filming of the first teaser trailer.
The second "teaser trailer" incorporates footage from Season 3(b) and upcoming Season 4 episodes.
It was released via tumblr and MTV's Teen Wolf Site on June 4, 2014.
The first "Full Trailer" was released on June 6, 2014.
To see it, fans had to solve a sixteen word puzzle at a special website whoisthebenefactor.com.
By the morning of June 7th, after 20 hours of trying, no one had solved the puzzle. MTV had to give away the answers and the correct order of the words before the first person was able to access the video.
The correct entries in order are: