Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stiles' life has become infinitely more complicated since "dying" as a surrogate sacrifice. Waking dreams and lost time caused him to believe he might be losing his mind. Stiles was, at one time, fully possessed by a Nogitsune but has fully recovered.
His mother, Claudia Stilinski, died in 2004. He was present when she passed and has never gotten over her death. For some unknown reason, Stiles blames himself.
He was a geeky but otherwise normal kid before a werewolf bit his best friend and threw his world into constant chaos.
Stiles is sarcastic, funny and outspoken. He is extremely clever and has led the way in working through many of the mysteries of the show.
He is a bit frustrated that the werewolf bite has cast him as Robin to Scott’s Batman but he is a solid friend and loyal to a fault.
For the longest time he held an intense but unrequited love for fellow classmate Lydia Martin. Their relationship has grown into a strong friendship.
While they have a typically combative parent/teenager relationship, Stiles loves his father very much and often worries about his safety.
Stiles relationship with Derek Hale is awkward and adversarial. Scenes featuring the two characters offer some of the show's funniest moments.
Stiles helps his best friend deal after Scott is bitten by a werewolf. (Read More...)
Stiles dies and comes back in order to save his father from the Darach.
Stiles and Malia have become closer. He's been teaching her to be more human. (Read More...)
He goes through an internal crisis of morals after killing Donovan.
Stiles is heard in Lydia's mind when her subconscious relives the memory of Stiles being taken by the Ghost Riders. (Read More...)
Starting in Episode 313, Stiles is seen wearing the same shirt in three successive episodes .
The blue and white ringer t-shirt is the first thing Stiles puts on when he finally "wakes up" in Anchors. He wears it again the day after he and Scott discover Malia's Den in More Bad Than Good.
Then, in Galvanize, an apparent production glitch places him in the shirt for less than a minute in the middle of a scene. One second he is wearing another shirt - he then is seen wearing the ringer t-shirt - in the next shot he's back to his original wardrobe.
There is, as of the end of Season 3, no explanation for this phenomenon.
This character’s name is the source of confusion and dispute.
In the Season 5 episode Ouroboros a student ID showed the name "M. Stilinski" this was reinforced onscreen by an MTV suggested hashtag #MStilinski.
In the Season 6 episode Superposition, Lydia's automatic writing of the word "Mischief" creates a word cloud image of the letters "S T I L E S." Teen Wolf creator Jeff Davis says this is "a clue, it’s a definite clue" and "that word was not chosen randomly."
History of Confusion
Early publicity for the show identified him as “Stan Stilinsky” as did the pilot cast list for “Wolf Moon” at IMDB.
During the episode The Tell, a very brief shot of his school records showed his last name spelled “Stilinski”. MTV also uses this as the character name on their website.
Complicating the question of Stiles’ surname further is the fact that his father was identified as “Sheriff Stilinsky” in all episode cast lists, the main cast list for the show and in much of the publicity surrounding the show. In Formality we see, for the first time, the name tag on the sheriff’s uniform which says “Stilinski” (see images).
Later listings of the cast have the character name as simply “Stiles” and this is the nickname all characters use when addressing him on the show.
The joke was revived in the Season 3 episode Riddled when the doctor performing the MRI says he's unsure how to pronounce Stiles' first name or believes it to be a misspelling.
Tyler Posey told the Comic Con 2011 panel that viewers will learn his first name and will “crack up” when they do. This has so far proved to be untrue.
On the August 19th episode of The Fantastic Show, Jeff Davis said "A lot of people think that he doesn't have a first name, that I don't know what it is but I do... and it's very difficult to pronounce." He refused to reveal the name saying "Maybe in the last episode of our series... the series finale maybe."
- “No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a dead body!” — Stiles to Scott in Wolf Moon
- “Hey, Lydia! You look like — you're gonna ignore me.” — Stiles to Lydia in Wolf Moon
- “Come on, if I have to, I'll chain you up myself on full moon nights and feed you, live, mice. I had a boa once. I can do it.” — Stiles to Scott in Wolf Moon
- “I define it as... as reclining your body in a horizontal position.” — Stiles to his dad in Second Chance at First Line
- “Am I attractive to gay guys?” — Stiles asks Scott in Pack Mentality
- “You're a horrible person.” — Danny to Stiles in Wolf's Bane.
- “I know. It keeps me awake at night.” — Stiles to Danny in Wolf's Bane
- “If I’m harboring your fugitive ass. My house, my rules buddy.” — Stiles to Derek in Wolf's Bane
- ““You mean like ‘Hey Dad! Derek Hale's in my room..bring your gun’”” — Stiles to Derek in Wolf's Bane
- “No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven.” — Stiles to Scott in Pack Mentality
- “Why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't wanna be Robin all the time!” — Stiles to Scott in Pack Mentality.
- “No, a unicorn... dumbass.” — Stiles to Jackson about Lydia transforming in Omega
- “If you harm one perfect, strawberry-blonde hair on her head, I'm gonna turn your little werewolf ass into a fur coat and give it to her as a birthday present.” — Stiles to Isaac in Venomous
- “You're killing people...to death!” — Stiles to Jackson in Frenemy
- “Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense. ” — Stiles to Scott in Frenemy
- “ This new-found heroism is making me very attracted to you.” — Stiles to Scott McCall in Ice Pick
- “Abominable snowman. But it's more of a "wintertime" thing. You know, seasonal.” — Stiles to Matt in Fury
- “Matt's head. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium.” — Stiles to his dad in Fury
- “Can someone kill him again please?” — Stiles to Peter Hale in Chaos Rising
- “Is he looking at me? Are you threatening me? You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking...” — Stiles starting to threaten Ethan in The Girl Who Knew Too Much
- “You know next time I put my lips to your mouth you better be awake” — Stiles talking to the unconscious but breathing Cora in The Overlooked