His mother died sometime prior to 2011. He has never gotten over her death and, for some unknown reason, blames himself.
He was a geeky but otherwise normal kid before a werewolf bit his best friend and threw his world into constant chaos.
Stiles is sarcastic, funny and outspoken. He is extremely clever and has led the way in working through many of the mysteries of the show.
He is a bit frustrated that the werewolf bite has cast him as Robin to Scott’s Batman but he is a solid friend and loyal to a fault.
He holds an intense but unrequited love for fellow classmate Lydia Martin.
While they have a typically combative Parent/Teenager relationship, he loves his father very much and often worries about his safety.
Stiles relationship with Alpha werewolf Derek is awkward and adversarial. Scenes featuring the two characters offer some of the show's funniest moments.
After something bites his best friend Scott, Stiles researches and figures out that a werewolf is to blame. He then researches werewolves to give Scott an idea of what’s to come. (read more…)
His friendship is tested when Scott wolfs out in the locker room and tries to kill him. Stiles defends himself with fire extinguisher and urges Scott not to play lacrosse. He explains that the frustration and violence of the game can trigger a transformation. Later the pair digs up a body outside the Hale House. (read more…)
After Derek is shot with a wolfsbane-laced bullet, Stiles is forced to protect him and comes close to sawing Derek’s arm off. (read more…)
Stiles investigates another murder and finds video of The Alpha Werewolf on Lydia’s phone. He can’t find Scott who has cut school for an all-day walk in the woods with Allison. Stiles decides to erase the video. In one of the show’s funniest moments, Stiles asks Danny if he finds him attractive. (read more…)
Stiles figures out that Scott’s heart rate triggers transformations. He sets up test which consists of him flinging balls at Scott’s face and proves his theory. He then sparks a violent confrontation with a group of older students to test Scott’s belief that thoughts of Allison can help him stay in control. (read more…)
Stiles helps Scott call to The Alpha Werewolf who shows up, attacks Derek and then traps Stiles and his friends in the high school. Stiles calls his father who eventually comes to get the kids out. (read more…)
Scott betrays Stiles by making out with Lydia. Stiles tries to lock Scott up during the full moon but his friend escapes. The hunters suspect Stiles might be a werewolf.(read more…)
Stiles and Scott help Derek who is on the run from the police and the hunters. He hides Derek in his room. He later enlists Danny to help track down a suspect email which leads him to the identity of the Alpha Werewolf. (read more…)
Stiles gets his dad drunk and plies him for information about the Sheriff’s investigation into the animal attacks. He also reveals how much he misses Stiles’ mother. Stiles later helps Scott interrupt Mrs. McCall’s date with Peter Hale. (read more…)
Allison forces Lydia to attend a school dance with Stiles as punishment for Lydia’s indiscretion with Scott. Later Stiles confesses his love for Lydia and they share a dance. After Lydia is bitten by Peter Hale, Stiles begs him not to kill her. They strike a deal and Peter spares his life. (read more…)
Stiles helps Peter track down Derek via Scott’s cellphone GPS. Peter offers to turn him into a werewolf but Stiles refuses. He and Jackson team up to find Scott but are stopped by the hunters who rough them up and question them. Arriving at the Hale House in the middle of Scott’s fight with the Alpha, Stiles throws a chemical mixture at the beast which Allison ignites with an arrow. (read more…)
Stiles leads Scott and Allison in the search for Lydia after she goes missing from the hospital. Stiles gets detention for talking in Mr. Harris' class. The teacher says he plans to be extra hard on Stiles because of the way the sheriff treated him during the events of last season. (read more...)
Stiles throws a wad of paper at Mr. Harris' head as an excuse to get himself and Scott sent to the principal. He ends up in detention again. Stiles, Scott and Derek try to rescue Isaac from jail after his arrest. (read more...)
Stiles sets up a double date with Lydia, Scott and Allison at the skating rink. Stiles has no game and fumbles while trying to talk to Lydia. They're interrupted when Lydia suffers a hallucination of Peter Hale under the ice. Stiles comforts her. He is later assaulted and thrown in a dumpster by Erica. (read more...)
Stiles runs back and forth delivering messages between Scott and Allison who are pretending to be broken up. He tries to find the Argent's bestiary in Gerard's office but gets shanghaied by Erica and Derek. He then gets trapped in the pool keeping a paralyzed Derek afloat while fending off the kanima. (read more...)
Stiles is intent on keeping Lydia safe after Derek comes to believe she is the kanima. He comes close to shooting Scott in the head with a crossbow and ends up fighting Issac in Scott's house. (read more...)
When Jackson is discovered to be the kanima he takes one of the police department's armored vehicles to contain Jackson. (read more...)
He goes to Lydia and later Erica to find out who and happened to Jackson's parents. After he helps stop Scott and Jackson's brawl he is given detention along with them, Matt, Erica, and Allison. When Jackson transforms into the kanima and attacks Erica, he goes along with Scott to Derek's hideaway to heal her. (read more...)
Stiles learns from his father that Mr. Harris was brought in for questioning in the murder investigation. Stiles isn't convinced. His dad then notices a picture of the swim team and sees all the victims were members and Isaac’s dad was the coach. Stiles calls his drag queen friends from Jungle to come to Lydia's birthday party. He then hallucinates and sees his father yelling at him in a drunken rage. (read more...)
Stiles tries to convince his dad that Matt is the killer and that they need to look at the evidence at the police station. When they are at the police station Matt appears and holds everyone at gunpoint. After Derek arrives paralyzed Stiles for his sarcasm is paralyzed by Jackson and falls on Derek. Stiles stays paralyzed the remainder of the episode only being able to drag himself around. (read more...)
Stiles explains to Ms. Morrell that he’s not sleeping, is jumpy and suffers from a constant overwhelming fear that something terrible is about to happen. He confesses to Scott that he feels helpless after having to watch, paralyzed, while Matt cracked his dad’s head open. He says that he and Scott are losing their fight. For the first time Stiles gets to play lacrosse. He scores three goals leading the BHHS Cyclones to a Championship. He then disappears without a trace. (read more...)
It's revealed that the Hunters kidnapped Stiles and is temporally imprisoned with Boyd and Erica. After doubting that Gerard could beat him to a pulp, Gerard does so. He comes home with his dad embracing him and later giving him a heart to heart talk. His father tells him when all seemed lost he was the "hero" and helped save day, although he meant the lacrosse. Stiles feels he's no hero, but he and Lydia go to the warehouse to help save Jackson. (read more...)
This character’s name is the source of confusion and dispute.
Complicating the question of Stiles’ surname further is the fact that his father was identified as “Sheriff Stilinsky” in all episode cast lists, the main cast list for the show and in much of the publicity surrounding the show. In Formality we see, for the first time, the name tag on the sheriff’s uniform which says “Stilinski” (see images).
Later listings of the cast have the character name as simply “Stiles” and this is the nickname all characters use when addressing him on the show.
During The Tell, Coach Bobby Finstock made fun of Stiles’ first name. He said it amounted to child abuse. Tyler Posey told the Comic Con 2011 panel that viewers will learn his first name and will “crack up” when they do.
- “No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a dead body!” — Stiles to Scott in Wolf Moon
- “Hey, Lydia! You look like — you're gonna ignore me.” — Stiles to Lydia in Wolf Moon
- “Come on, if I have to, I'll chain you up myself on full moon nights and feed you, live, mice. I had a boa once. I can do it.” — Stiles to Scott in Wolf Moon
- “I define it as... as reclining your body in a horizontal position.” — Stiles to his dad in Second Chance at First Line
- “Am I attractive to gay guys?” — Stiles asks Scott in Pack Mentality
- “You're a horrible person.” — Danny to Stiles in Wolf's Bane.
- “I know. It keeps me awake at night.” — Stiles to Danny in Wolf's Bane
- “If I’m harboring your fugitive ass. My house, my rules buddy.” — Stiles to Derek in Wolf's Bane
- ““You mean like ‘Hey Dad! Derek Hale's in my room..bring your gun’”” — Stiles to Derek in Wolf's Bane
- “No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven.” — Stiles to Scott in Pack Mentality
- “Why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't wanna be Robin all the time!” — Stiles to Scott in Pack Mentality.
- “No, a unicorn... dumbass.” — Stiles to Jackson about Lydia transforming in Omega
- “If you harm one perfect, strawberry-blonde hair on her head, I'm gonna turn your little werewolf ass into a fur coat and give it to her as a birthday present.” — Stiles to Isaac in Venomous
- “You're killing people...to death!” — Stiles to Jackson in Frenemy
- “ This new-found heroism is making me very attracted to you.” — Stiles to Scott McCall in Ice Pick
- “Abominable snowman. But it's more of a "wintertime" thing. You know, seasonal.” — Stiles to Matt in Fury
- “Matt's head. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium.” — Stiles to his dad in Fury
- ↑ tvfanatic.com — Teen Wolf Exclusive: Dylan O'Brien on Reinventing an Icon (2011-08-09)
- ↑ IMDB.com — Teen Wolf - Wolf Moon (2011-08-09)
- ↑ mtv.com — Teen Wolf / Cast / Dylan O'Brien (2011-08-09)
- ↑ IMDB.com — Teen Wolf - The Tell (2011-08-09)
- ↑ IMDB.com — Teen Wolf - Full cast and crew (2011-08-09)
- ↑ IMDB.com — Teen Wolf - Night School (2011-08-09)