Wikia

Teen Wolf Wiki

Claudia Stilinski Canon

  • Claudia Stilinski


    This week’s episode sparked a bunch of questions about Stiles’ Mom – Claudia Stilinski.

    If you're misremembering stuff about her and her untimely demise, that might be because what we've seen conflicts with what we saw before. There's conflicting information within the episodes as to the details of Claudia Stilinski's death.

    Below is a rundown of the details given on the show and an overview of how they fit within the established timeline.

    When did Claudia Stilinski die?
    Neither of these matches up exactly with the fact that it’s still the autumn of 2011 in Beacon Hills.
    If she had died at 11:59PM on December 31st of 2004 it would still only be 6 years and 8 months at the time the Sheriff was talking to Melissa McCall and Chris Argent under the Nemeton.
    As pointed out by User Rethliopuks (who did the math I should have done in the first place) - if she had died at midnight on January 1st 2004 we would make it closer to the threshold but still fall short at 7 years 9 months.
    This falls under the general “Teen Wolf Can’t Tell Time” rule and we will simply ignore the discrepancy for the purpose of canon. Officially – We’re going with Claudia’s death happening 8 years before the events of Season 3.

    There's more on this discussion and the rest of the week's events over in today's Teen Wolf News.

      Loading editor
    • Beacon Hills exists in some kind of supernatural temporal bubble. This is why, despite whining that Sheriff Stilinski is "incompetent", the FBI has taken so long to come investigate the town, especially after a huge chunk of the police department was slaughtered and the place was shot up with assault rifles.

        Loading editor
    • How do we know it's autumn of 2011?

        Loading editor
    • Because last school year was 2010/2011.

        Loading editor
    • Neilandio wrote:
      How do we know it's autumn of 2011?

      Season 1  - Jan and Feb 2011

      Season 2 - Feb, March and April 2011

      4 Months hiatus

      Season 3(a) - Aug and Sept 2011

      Three to Four Weeks hiatus

      Season 3(b) Oct and Nov 2011 (so far)

        Loading editor
    • Stiles' mom died of causes unknown. I checked the symptoms, they mirrored schizophrenia or epilepsy. Odd. Likely supernatural mimicking physical. This is going to be a big Stillinski involvement season, hopefully with flashbacks.

      Time frame would put Stiles at about 11 when his mom died, depending if we're going real time or maybe younger in TW time.

      I'm intrigued if there's anything connecting Stiles/Claudia in reference to his hallucination and self blame of "you killed your mother!" (from the party guessed ep.) 

        Loading editor
    • 199.83.109.47 wrote:
      Stiles' mom died of causes unknown. I checked the symptoms, they mirrored schizophrenia or epilepsy. Odd. Likely supernatural mimicking physical. This is going to be a big Stillinski involvement season, hopefully with flashbacks.

      Time frame would put Stiles at about 11 when his mom died, depending if we're going real time or maybe younger in TW time.

      I'm intrigued if there's anything connecting Stiles/Claudia in reference to his hallucination and self blame of "you killed your mother!" (from the party guessed ep.) 


      It would be surprising, if only because lately it feels like the writers have long since stopped referencing, or have outright forgotten, earlier seasons.

      Interestingly, a great many people throughout history (and some in the present day) have associated schizophrenia, epilepsy and other such conditions with demonic possession. This of course means that hidden amidst all the genuine medical cases of such things, one could argue that there might have been a genuine possession in there somewhere. Lydia was not suffering from hallunications after all. Her banshee nature was making her receptive to the dead (including Peter, who manipulated her from beyond the grave).

        Loading editor
    • Her symptoms also mimic a disease that was in an episode of law and Order SVU called Fatal Familial Insomnia. It's super rare, only like 80 families world wide have a history of it, there is also a spontaneous version of it too. It's, as the name says, fatal. I think life expectancy after symptoms first appear is 18 months or so.

        Loading editor
    • LadyX wrote:
      Her symptoms also mimic a disease that was in an episode of law and Order SVU called Fatal Familial Insomnia. It's super rare, only like 80 families world wide have a history of it, there is also a spontaneous version of it too. It's, as the name says, fatal. I think life expectancy after symptoms first appear is 18 months or so.


      Cross-referencing the discussion about Scott and the Bite: one would think that if Stiles had a potentially fatal medical condition that Melissa would be telling him to peel himself off of Dean Winchester's fantasy girl for a few minutes to take a chomp out of Stiles to save his life. Seeing as how becoming a werewolf cures most ailments.

        Loading editor
    • DManCO wrote:

      LadyX wrote:
      Her symptoms also mimic a disease that was in an episode of law and Order SVU called Fatal Familial Insomnia. It's super rare, only like 80 families world wide have a history of it, there is also a spontaneous version of it too. It's, as the name says, fatal. I think life expectancy after symptoms first appear is 18 months or so.


      Cross-referencing the discussion about Scott and the Bite: one would think that if Stiles had a potentially fatal medical condition that Melissa would be telling him to peel himself off of Dean Winchester's fantasy girl for a few minutes to take a chomp out of Stiles to save his life. Seeing as how becoming a werewolf cures most ailments.

      Indeed

        Loading editor
    • Neilandio wrote:
      How do we know it's autumn of 2011?

      because they just had holloween. right? i mean if we are going off of the recent episode. 

        Loading editor
    • Paul.rea wrote:
      Neilandio wrote:
      How do we know it's autumn of 2011?
      Season 1  - Jan and Feb 2011

      Season 2 - Feb, March and April 2011

      4 Months hiatus

      Season 3(a) - Aug and Sept 2011

      Three to Four Weeks hiatus

      Season 3(b) Oct and Nov 2011 (so far)

        Loading editor
    • Stephanie Mills wrote:
      Neilandio wrote:
      How do we know it's autumn of 2011?
      because they just had holloween. right? i mean if we are going off of the recent episode. 

      Going based on how the season is taking place I would say its November now in Beacon Hills. The halloween episodes helped with that time line.

        Loading editor
    • Season 3(a) - Aug and Sept 2011

      So going back to 2004 means the entire year of 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10.. which makes 6 years. Now, since it's set near the end of August, it would be 6 years and 8 months, or 6 years and 9 months if September. Now, she could have died at any time in 2004, meaning the longest time would be 7 years and 9 months.

      But when someone is asked how old they are, they wouldn't say, for example, 20 years, 4 months, 11 days and 19 hours, would they? They'd say 20, or 20 and a half if it's closer. Thus he'd say 8 years rather than get all complex. It's basic human nature.

      And referencing what Stiles' father said to him, we don't know why she died. It could have been an accident. He's playing on the road, she comes out to see him, has an accident, etc. 

        Loading editor
    • What? Human Nature? What?

      2004 would have been 7 years from the Sheriff's POV at the time of the statement - not eight years as was definitively stated.

      Even if the production was going with the current year in which the episodes were broadcast - 2013 - the number would still be off because it would have been 9 years.

      The file folder prop must be thrown out altogether because it is just plain wrong.

      As for her death - she died at the hospital of a well-documented brain disorder. This accident stuff is fan fiction.

        Loading editor
    • 2.25.133.132 wrote: Season 3(a) - Aug and Sept 2011

      So going back to 2004 means the entire year of 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, and 10.. which makes 6 years. Now, since it's set near the end of August, it would be 6 years and 8 months, or 6 years and 9 months if September. Now, she could have died at any time in 2004, meaning the longest time would be 7 years and 9 months.

      But when someone is asked how old they are, they wouldn't say, for example, 20 years, 4 months, 11 days and 19 hours, would they? They'd say 20, or 20 and a half if it's closer. Thus he'd say 8 years rather than get all complex. It's basic human nature.

      And referencing what Stiles' father said to him, we don't know why she died. It could have been an accident. He's playing on the road, she comes out to see him, has an accident, etc. 

      In addition to everything Paul.rea said, when someone dies you tend to underestimate how long ago they died, not over estimate. Consciously, I know my grandfather died in 2001, but if I'm randomly asked, I say a decade ago. Same with my great aunts. It applies to other events too, not just deaths. I feel like my friend Heather got married about a year ago, but I look at the invitation I kept and it's been 3.

        Loading editor
    • 66.249.65.25
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki