Wikia

Teen Wolf Wiki

Deucalion a true alpha?

  • Is it possible that Deucalion is a true alpha himself? I mean besides being so obsessed with Scott he seems to sort of have a weird connection to him. Maybe since Scott is becoming a true alpha Deucalion see's much of himself in Scott? I mean in the flashback episode he seemed really kind and gentle, a man of "true character". I guess it's possible he killed another to become an alpha but it doesn't seem like it. He was even willing to make a truce with Gerard. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

      Loading editor
    • I think though after he killed one of his Betas, that he lost his real character to what he is now, the demon wolf. Look how he felt when he killed Ennis. He looked like he didn't even care, like it was just another obstacle for him.

      I think he just wants Scott in his pack now because it's easier to control a threat then to simply eliminate someone with Scott's "talent".

        Loading editor
    • Well, ya thats what I mean. He WAS a true alpha but after Gerard double crossed him and his own beta betrayed him he chhanged and stopped looking for the good in others.

        Loading editor
    • I guess that could be true, but in the show they said that that hasn't happened in hundreds of years.

        Loading editor
    • Technically Deaton said it happens every hundred years or so. It's a legend. Just because that's what he heard that does not mean it's true or that there couldn't be certain exceptions to the rule. This could also be the reason why he wants Scott to kill so bad. I forgot who said it (maybe the mystery girl in the first episode) but someone said Decalion "fears" Scott or something like that.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Deuc is a True Alpha. 

        Loading editor
    • 69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Technically Deaton said it happens every hundred years or so. It's a legend. Just because that's what he heard that does not mean it's true or that there couldn't be certain exceptions to the rule. This could also be the reason why he wants Scott to kill so bad. I forgot who said it (maybe the mystery girl in the first episode) but someone said Decalion "fears" Scott or something like that.

      That's all the more reason to think that he wasn't the "True Alpha". I think he's scared that Scott becomes an Alpha that he'll be killed because Scott will be stronger than him. He wants Scott to kill so that Scott will basically be ruined. I mean Scott doesn't want to kill anyone so if he does, he won't be able to use his alpha powers without feeling guilt which will make him weaker than Deucalion.

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Technically Deaton said it happens every hundred years or so. It's a legend. Just because that's what he heard that does not mean it's true or that there couldn't be certain exceptions to the rule. This could also be the reason why he wants Scott to kill so bad. I forgot who said it (maybe the mystery girl in the first episode) but someone said Decalion "fears" Scott or something like that.
      That's all the more reason to think that he wasn't the "True Alpha". I think he's scared that Scott becomes an Alpha that he'll be killed because Scott will be stronger than him. He wants Scott to kill so that Scott will basically be ruined. I mean Scott doesn't want to kill anyone so if he does, he won't be able to use his alpha powers without feeling guilt which will make him weaker than Deucalion.

      If he's worried about Scott killing him, then after Scott does that he won't be a true alpha anymore. Maybe he's jsut threatened by the power

        Loading editor
    • ^ It was already said what Deuc wants with Scott. Mrs. Morrel & Scott talked about it in the most recent episode. Everything you guys are discussing has already been addressed. 

        Loading editor
    • 69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Technically Deaton said it happens every hundred years or so. It's a legend. Just because that's what he heard that does not mean it's true or that there couldn't be certain exceptions to the rule. This could also be the reason why he wants Scott to kill so bad. I forgot who said it (maybe the mystery girl in the first episode) but someone said Decalion "fears" Scott or something like that.
      That's all the more reason to think that he wasn't the "True Alpha". I think he's scared that Scott becomes an Alpha that he'll be killed because Scott will be stronger than him. He wants Scott to kill so that Scott will basically be ruined. I mean Scott doesn't want to kill anyone so if he does, he won't be able to use his alpha powers without feeling guilt which will make him weaker than Deucalion.
      If he's worried about Scott killing him, then after Scott does that he won't be a true alpha anymore. Maybe he's jsut threatened by the power

      I don't know, it all just seems too fishy. I guess, we'll have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • 76.17.53.123 wrote:
      ^ It was already said what Deuc wants with Scott. Mrs. Morrel & Scott talked about it in the most recent episode. Everything you guys are discussing has already been addressed. 

      All they said was that Deucalion wanted Scott because he's obsessed with him, but why is he obsessed with him?

      They never said why.

        Loading editor
    • But they did, watch it again.

        Loading editor
    • What did they say exactly?

        Loading editor
    • True alphas only come once every 100 years. Deaton said that.

      Deucallion was already a alpha in the 70s

        Loading editor
    • They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.

        Loading editor
    • PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.

      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.
      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

      Deaton explain how he believed scott would become a true alpha when the moment he was bitten by peter. He told scott that true alphas rise by sheer force of will a virtue.

        Loading editor
    • PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.
      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

      Deaton explain how he believed scott would become a true alpha when the moment he was bitten by peter. He told scott that true alphas rise by sheer force of will a virtue.

      So because Scott was a nice guy who just happened to get bitten, Deaton knew he was a true alpha?

      Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to understand.

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.
      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

      Deaton explain how he believed scott would become a true alpha when the moment he was bitten by peter. He told scott that true alphas rise by sheer force of will a virtue.
      So because Scott was a nice guy who just happened to get bitten, Deaton knew he was a true alpha?

      Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to understand.

      Deaton knew scott was a good kid before he became a wearwolf. When scott got bitten he acted the same if not even better than how he was and deaton notice that. and since deaton said a true alpha only appears once every hundred years or so he believe it was scott

        Loading editor
    • PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.
      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

      Deaton explain how he believed scott would become a true alpha when the moment he was bitten by peter. He told scott that true alphas rise by sheer force of will a virtue.
      So because Scott was a nice guy who just happened to get bitten, Deaton knew he was a true alpha?

      Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to understand.

      Deaton knew scott was a good kid before he became a wearwolf. When scott got bitten he acted the same if not even better than how he was and deaton notice that. and since deaton said a true alpha only appears once every hundred years or so he believe it was scott

      Okay I understand a bit now, but then how did Deucalion find out?

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      PrimeEra wrote:
      Charinfox wrote:
      They only talked about how Scott is a prize for Deucalion, but why?

      How did Deucalion even know that Scott was going to be a true alpha?

      Same reason Deaton believed Scott was a True Alpha. The mysterious girl in tatoo knew Scott was a true alpha.
      But the question is, how did they know?

      It can't just be his hair looked shiny when he became a werewolf so he's the "true Alpha". There's got to be a reason and maybe Deaton knows.

      Deaton explain how he believed scott would become a true alpha when the moment he was bitten by peter. He told scott that true alphas rise by sheer force of will a virtue.
      So because Scott was a nice guy who just happened to get bitten, Deaton knew he was a true alpha?

      Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to understand.

      Deaton knew scott was a good kid before he became a wearwolf. When scott got bitten he acted the same if not even better than how he was and deaton notice that. and since deaton said a true alpha only appears once every hundred years or so he believe it was scott
      Okay I understand a bit now, but then how did Deucalion find out?

      well the same reason how news spread about a new alpha? it travels. But i think Morrell told the alphas about scott

        Loading editor
    • @PrimeEra

      God I feel like such a nube. Thanks for explaining.

        Loading editor
    • Charinfox wrote:
      @PrimeEra

      God I feel like such a nube. Thanks for explaining.


      np

        Loading editor
    • I definetly agree with most of what was said here. I mean it's entirely plausable that Deucalion heard about Scott's potential from Morrell. I just think he may have been a true alpha because he seemed like such a good and virtuous man back in the flashback episode that it's kind of hard to imagine him killing to obtain the role of alpha (unless he became one like it's assumed Laura Hale did, tho who knows maybe her mother begged her to kill her as she was slowly dying from severe burns from the Hale house fire who knows) but I guess anything is possible. Also he seems so powerful (and not just because he killed his betas and obtained their powers as so did Kalli and Enis and they are all afraid of him). He did call himself the "demon" wolf maybe that is an actual thing and not just some metaphor for how evil he is, maybe a true alpha becomes a demon wolf when they cross the line of killing. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Deucalion is a true alpha he's an power hungry Alpha who's fucked up in the head lol

        Loading editor
    • 69.114.214.100 wrote:
      I definetly agree with most of what was said here. I mean it's entirely plausable that Deucalion heard about Scott's potential from Morrell. I just think he may have been a true alpha because he seemed like such a good and virtuous man back in the flashback episode that it's kind of hard to imagine him killing to obtain the role of alpha (unless he became one like it's assumed Laura Hale did, tho who knows maybe her mother begged her to kill her as she was slowly dying from severe burns from the Hale house fire who knows) but I guess anything is possible. Also he seems so powerful (and not just because he killed his betas and obtained their powers as so did Kalli and Enis and they are all afraid of him). He did call himself the "demon" wolf maybe that is an actual thing and not just some metaphor for how evil he is, maybe a true alpha becomes a demon wolf when they cross the line of killing. 


      i agree wtih everything on here except the deucallion being a true alpha beccause that means deuc was a true alpha in 1913. since deaton said a true alpha only comes once a hundred years

        Loading editor
    • I think Deucallion realized that Scott was on his way to becoming a "true alpha" when Scott collided with Enis in that fight in the penthouse.  When Scott's eyes turn red, they show Deucallion's reaction to it.  He looks like he knew right then and there what was happening and what Scott's potential was.  I also believe that Deucallion was never a "true alpha" and that is why he fears Scott becoming one.  True alphas must be the strongest of all alphas, which is why he is trying so hard to get Scott to kill so he won't become one.

        Loading editor
    • 208.3.138.47 wrote:
      I think Deucallion realized that Scott was on his way to becoming a "true alpha" when Scott collided with Enis in that fight in the penthouse.  When Scott's eyes turn red, they show Deucallion's reaction to it.  He looks like he knew right then and there what was happening and what Scott's potential was.  I also believe that Deucallion was never a "true alpha" and that is why he fears Scott becoming one.  True alphas must be the strongest of all alphas, which is why he is trying so hard to get Scott to kill so he won't become one.


      No as in season 3 episode 1 He already knew what was up with scott beccoming a true alpha.

        Loading editor
    • True...they do make reference to Scott being the "Alpha" that they are looking for in the hospital scene, but he seems surprised after that collision with Enis. I think episode 10 is going to give us a lot of answers. And I'm really looking forward to the fight screne with Peter and Scott vs. the twins. This show is so addicting.

        Loading editor
    • why do you all take this "once in a 100 years" phrase literally. It doesnt mean once in 100 years on the dot. Its like "once in a lifetime chance" means its a low % chance, but its not like literally once in a damn life time.

        Loading editor
    • I believe that what a pack really admires is loyalty. A dog is 100% loyal to its owner, the same way a wolf is to his pack. I think Scott is a true Alpha because he does not want to use his werewolf powers to take advantage of other people, he isn't obssessed with power; he wants to help the much people as he can, or die trying. Just like a leader. He would never let any of his men behind, and if he could not do anything he would try to lead the remaining men the best he can. 

      But Deucalion is not like that. He kills his own pack for power, he does not even care how they're doing. He just cares for himself; and his selfishness is a big defect for an Alpha.

        Loading editor
    • Trandz wrote:
      why do you all take this "once in a 100 years" phrase literally. It doesnt mean once in 100 years on the dot. Its like "once in a lifetime chance" means its a low % chance, but its not like literally once in a damn life time.

      Are you ignorant? Deaton said it only happens once every hundred years.

        Loading editor
    • PrimeEra wrote:
      Trandz wrote:
      why do you all take this "once in a 100 years" phrase literally. It doesnt mean once in 100 years on the dot. Its like "once in a lifetime chance" means its a low % chance, but its not like literally once in a damn life time.
      Are you ignorant? Deaton said it only happens once every hundred years.

      Trandz is right, It's like for the lottery.

      It's not because the statistics say that the jackpot will be won every five draw, that no one can ever win the jackpot after someone else won the jackpot in the previous draw.

        Loading editor
    • You Say it like he deliberately became that way let's remember Gerard screwed him up i would be pretty pissed too.
        Loading editor
    • You Know How Deucalion became evil is similar to Darth Vader 1. they had injuries that set them off 2. they were both good guys before

        Loading editor
    • Another Thing i hope Deucalion becomes a good guy again He had so much potential also i think he does want Scott to kill because he doesn't want competition as a True Alpha

        Loading editor
    • I doubt he can become a good guy again, unless he is forced too change. For example, if the protagonists managed to capture him, then Peter, Derek or Scott erase anything linked to dark Deucalion from his mind and only the previous Deucalion (before Marco tried to challenge him) remains.

      I still believe that it is unlikely though.

        Loading editor
    • Deuc would have to be over a hundred then. Since there's only a true alpha every century. I knwo there's somethhing more to werewolf aging but I don't think it's like that.

        Loading editor
    • 64.84.105.166 wrote:
      Deuc would have to be over a hundred then. Since there's only a true alpha every century. I knwo there's somethhing more to werewolf aging but I don't think it's like that.

      Thats what im saying deuc would have to be from the early 1900s.... and people dont believe that there can only be one true alpha every 100 years

        Loading editor
    • He doesn't mean a True Alpha every 100 years on the dot to the final letter. He means it like a lottery, what should happen in a 100 years could happen twice in a century or 3 times if Wares would rise to the accasion.

      I believe Deucalion was a true alpha, he was strong, and leading just like Scott is now. In the scene where marco would or was trying to fight him, they was telling us how Deucalion was special ware, and I think deaton also mentioned that Deauc was a true alpha as well?

      Also it took so much power to build up to just defeat Deucalion that it was telling us he is a True Alpha, he killed his pack, but so did the other Alpha's and they wasn't as strong as him? Why? It's obvious he was a true alpha +Killing his own pack just added that much more.  


      I would also like final confirmation on this from the writers and director or anybody from the show, it's realy annoying not being certain.

        Loading editor
    • Dr. Deaton: It's rare, something that doesn't happen within a hundred years, but every once in a while a beta can become an alpha without having to steal or take their power. They call it a true alpha. It's one that rises purely on the strength of character, virtue, by sheer force of will.

      This is word for word what Deaton says. The point of conflict is this: How literal do we take his words? Sure he says it "doesn't happen within a hundred years", so that would place the last True Alpha at 1913 or later, BUT the next line states that "every once in a while" it happens. If taken literally then Deaton's statement contradicts itself. Speculate what you will, I happen to think that he is merely using the hundred years as a "bench mark" of sorts.  One last note: Deaton's statement does NOT rule out the possibility of there being more than ONE True Alpha at a time.

        Loading editor
    • its rare doesnt mean 100 years on the dot, means its very rare and special.

        Loading editor
    • I think he used to be a True Alpha until his morals were destroyed when he killed his pack. The 100 years is not really factual but an estimate on how rare a True Alpha is, and it still possible to have 2 True Alphas at the same time.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure about Deucalion being a true alpha, but I think what happened was that he grew too strong and then lost his sight. After becoming blind, he lost hope and took his anger and frustration out on the guy who tried to take him out. I feel bad for Deucalion and wish he hadn't become the bad guy, but like they said in Batman 

      "You can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian"

        Loading editor
    • 69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Is it possible that Deucalion is a true alpha himself? I mean besides being so obsessed with Scott he seems to sort of have a weird connection to him. Maybe since Scott is becoming a true alpha Deucalion see's much of himself in Scott? I mean in the flashback episode he seemed really kind and gentle, a man of "true character". I guess it's possible he killed another to become an alpha but it doesn't seem like it. He was even willing to make a truce with Gerard. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

      I was born a werewolf and i killed one of my friends in school who was a ranger werewolf and i am now a ranger!

        Loading editor
    • 69.114.214.100 wrote:
      Is it possible that Deucalion is a true alpha himself? I mean besides being so obsessed with Scott he seems to sort of have a weird connection to him. Maybe since Scott is becoming a true alpha Deucalion see's much of himself in Scott? I mean in the flashback episode he seemed really kind and gentle, a man of "true character". I guess it's possible he killed another to become an alpha but it doesn't seem like it. He was even willing to make a truce with Gerard. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

      One of my friends was an omega and it killed me before i was an ranger. i am the alpha but he is now the alpha

        Loading editor
    • I was bitten 3 years ago by an Alpha and I finally found him and killed him because he was the reason hunters wanted me dead so I been on the run for the last 3 years. But now I'm an Alpha and have a pack. I have the option to turn into a hybrid, full wolf and a beast.

        Loading editor
    • Well Deuc was an alpha in the 70's, so he could be over a hundred years old, considering werewolves age slower then humans do(not canon, but likely). 

      This isn't a bad theory, at all.

        Loading editor
    • 100.4.2.62 wrote:
      I was bitten 3 years ago by an Alpha and I finally found him and killed him because he was the reason hunters wanted me dead so I been on the run for the last 3 years. But now I'm an Alpha and have a pack. I have the option to turn into a hybrid, full wolf and a beast.

      What the fuck is this? xD

        Loading editor
    • 66.249.65.25
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki